Office / Retail
The three-storey commercial building in Liberty Village promotes urban connectivity. The historic 1898 warehouse was modified with a new corten steel addition that encloses an urban courtyard. Landscape materials reflect the architecture with weathering steel planters and tumbled unit pavers. Industrial materials invoke a contemporary landscape. A drought-tolerant palette of plant material was selected to moderate the architecture while withstanding urban conditions.